Interested in volunteering? Retired physicians, nurses, dentists, social workers, pharmacists and others - you can make a difference! Medical professionals who volunteer their time and skills often feel they get more out of the experience than they give.
- The patient-focused environment at Good Samaritan Health & Wellness Center is rarely found in today's fast-paced, cost-conscious primary care practices.
- Our patients have had little or no access to health care. They need care and they show their appreciation to those who volunteer to provide it.
- At Good Samaritan Health & Wellness Center, volunteer professionals provide service on their terms, in a relaxed, respectful atmosphere.
- Each volunteer's time commitment is up to the volunteer. We recommend retired physicians volunteer a minimum of two half-days per month. Some choose to provide care every week. Practicing physicians volunteer as much as their schedules permit.
- Physicians schedule their time to maximize continuity of care with patients.
- An esprit de corps among providers makes volunteering fun and supportive.
- Georgia physicians and dentists can earn continuing education hours by donating their time to treat the uninsured at Good Samaritan Health and Wellness Center.
Good Samaritan has many other areas in which volunteers can serve where you do not have to be a medical professional. Some of these areas would be:
- Financial Counseling
- Information Technology
- Materials Management
Come be a member of our team! Do one of the following:
- Complete our online Volunteer Application
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us between 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, at 706-253-4673, extension 222.